Technology Architecture LeadGovernance, Risk & Cybersecurity
Job Purpose: We are seeking a qualified, motivated individual to join our company as a Technology Architect. As part of our information technology team, you will develop a high-level understanding of the complex systems governing and facilitating our business operations, making recommendations and implementing changes to increase efficiency and support overall business objectives. They will collaborate with departmental leadership and key stakeholders to assess our existing systems infrastructure. They will then determine how best to update, upgrade, and reorganize our technology to create a lean, efficient systems architecture capable of supporting our various projects and goals.
This position will be reporting to Enterprise Risk Manager.
- Periodically assess existing systems infrastructure and architecture to ensure an accurate, high-level understanding of present capabilities.
- Report to leadership and key stakeholders regarding your findings, making recommendations and providing clear roadmaps for successful changes.
- Collaborate with other IT and software engineers to develop systems solutions capable of supporting our goals.
- Oversee teams that implement changes in physical hardware and software, ensuring seamless integration of new technologies.
- Analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
- Coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
- Analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Ensuring system architecture are understood
- Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise’s overall systems.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field; master’s degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate systems architecture processes and trends.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, interpersonal and consultative skills
- Experience with software development cycles.
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Leadership: Motivating and influencing others to work toward common goals, helping, others learn new tasks, and serving as a positive role model.
- Time Management: Ability and willingness to manage one’s time and prioritize responsibilities so that work is completed on time.
- Problem Analysis: The ability to identify problems, recognize the causes within a reasonable time period, and identify potential solutions.
- Interpersonal Communication: Communicating effectively with others in one-on-one or small group settings. This includes listening carefully to others, demonstrating an understanding, and constructively giving feedback.
- Motivating Others: Instilling in others the willingness to do the job and work toward common objectives; this includes serving as a positive role model.
- Decision Making: The ability to evaluate the consequences of alternative solutions to a question or problem and select the most promising alternative. This involves the ability to make sound judgments by logically evaluating information and recognizing when and where to seek additional information.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Having knowledge of the occupation or field of work necessary to perform the job. This includes having specific expertise in the technical aspects of the job as well as having the computer skills needed for effective job performance.
- Flexibility: Adapting willingly to changing work-related conditions and developing and applying innovative approaches to work.
- Taking Ownership: The willingness to appropriately accept responsibility for completing tasks and to actively pursue resolving problems that may not have originally been your responsibility.
- Influencing Skills: Diplomatically influencing others to accept an idea or point of view, or to act in a certain manner.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Act Responsibility
- Know Our People
- Get Things Done
- Empower People
Send us your most updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the hashtag #JoinTheSquad
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted!