Data & Business Architecture LeadGovernance, Risk & Cybersecurity
Job Purpose: Design relational databases to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
This position will be reporting directly to the Head of GRC.
- Design relational databases to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts, and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design, and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores, and Extract Transform Load environments
- Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures, and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Support database administrators, network designers, and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas, and present these plans to managers and executives
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods, and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Define the set of strategic, core, and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources, and controls are involved in the process.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree in data architecture, information management, or similar field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Proficient with MongoDB, Hadoop, and other database modeling and management tools
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional certification, such as CSA or MCSE
- Leadership: Motivating and influencing others to work toward common goals, helping, others learn new tasks, and serving as a positive role model.
- Time Management: Ability and willingness to manage one’s time and prioritize responsibilities so that work is completed on time.
- Problem Analysis: The ability to identify problems, recognize the causes within a reasonable time period, and identify potential solutions.
- Interpersonal Communication: Communicating effectively with others in one-on-one or small group settings. This includes listening carefully to others, demonstrating an understanding, and constructively giving feedback.
- Motivating Others: Instilling in others the willingness to do the job and work toward common objectives; this includes serving as a positive role model.
- Decision Making: The ability to evaluate the consequences of alternative solutions to a question or problem and select the most promising alternative. This involves the ability to make sound judgments by logically evaluating information and recognizing when and where to seek additional information.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Having knowledge of the occupation or field of work necessary to perform the job. This includes having specific expertise in the technical aspects of the job as well as having the computer skills needed for effective job performance.
- Flexibility: Adapting willingly to changing work-related conditions and developing and applying innovative approaches to work.
- Taking Ownership: The willingness to appropriately accept responsibility for completing tasks and to actively pursue resolving problems that may not have originally been your responsibility.
- Influencing Skills: Diplomatically influencing others to accept an idea or point of view, or to act in a certain manner.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Act Responsibility
- Know Our People
- Get Things Done
- Empower People